Cosmetic Dentistry & Restorative Dentistry
Tooth Coloured Fillings
Tooth coloured fillings not only look better than amalgam(mercury containing) fillings, they also have the following advantages:
- They harden straightaway, so you don’t have to wait to have your next meal
- They bond to your tooth, so they are more likely to be well retained in your tooth compared to a silver filling and need less tooth preparation. This allows us to conserve more tooth material
- Some tooth coloured flling materials release Flouride, helping to protect your tooth from future decay
- They can be used to make your tooth look better by masking discolouration or improving the shape, size of the tooth
Crowns or caps serve to protect a tooth from fracture and/or to improve function of a tooth that has lost much of its structure. Crowns may be made of metal, metal fused to porcelain or full procelain (Eg zirconia). They usually cover most of the coronal part of a tooth(the part that can be seen, not covered by gum)
Crowns / Bridges / Veneers
Bridges are two or more crowns that are stuck together. They are often used to replace one or more missing teeth. They usually last for many years and are very durable. A good alternative for those who are missing teeth but don’t want to wear a denture or have implants.
Veneers can be made of composite resin(a filling material) or porcelain. They are stuck onto the outside(cheek-facing side) of a tooth to make it look better (colour or shape) and can also be used to replace some lost tooth material. Usually used for front teeth.
Tooth whitening can be a quick and easy way to give you a brighter smile that you will be proud of!
- Over the counter whitening trays (Opalescence Go)
- Custom tray take-home whitening kits
- In-Clinic Whitening
Periodontics / Gum Treatment
We treat many children in our clinic. We delight in providing in friendly and non-threatening environment. The kids love to watch tv as they are having their teeth attended to. Many of our child patients love hanging out in our reception area which is equipped with Playstation, toys and books and cosy bean bags. Soft toys on the dental chair help to make the treatment room a more cosy place for the child. Our caring and friendly staff also help to make the whole experience more pleasant. We provide a whole range of dental treatment for children, including preventive, restorative and root canal treatment.
Paedodontics/ Children’s Dentistry
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment has high success rates. It involves the removal of infected pulp tissue from a tooth. After root canal treatment, the tooth that was previously painful can be used comfortably. Please check out our Facebook page for examples of healing after root canal treatment.
Oral Surgery procedures are performed by our Consultant Oral Surgeon when necessary.